This is absolutely delicious, takes minutes to prepare and you can make it in the crockpot.
Perfect for spring, summer, fall and winter! Chili at times can be very heavy and filling, this version is light and fresh.
Here is what you need:
- 1 lb of ground turkey (usually I prefer to use beef but for this chili, turkey gave a much lighter taste)
- 1 package of chili seasoning mix
- 1 tbls of tomato paste
- 1 can of diced tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 can of corn or 2 ears of fresh corn sliced off the cob
- 1 19 oz can of black beans, or you can use kidney, pinto etc
- 1 onion diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of salt
- Toppings, sour cream or greek yogurt, cubed avocado, cilantro, grated cheese etc
Brown the turkey in a frying pan with 1 tbs of oil. After a few minutes add the onion and garlic. Once browned 2-3 minutes, add the mixture to a crock pot. Add in tomatoes, corn, chili seasoning mix, tomato paste and beans. Let simmer for 3 hours on high or 5 on low.
To serve, top chili with whatever topping you would like. Enjoy!