chicken, cooking, easy cooking, easy dinner, easy dinners, eat, food, instant pot, pressure cooking, tacos, winter
Holy moly was this one ever quick and delicious! I was craving wraps for dinner and didn’t want to pan fry the chicken so I whipped this up in minutes. Dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes.
Here is what you need:
- 4 small chicken breasts (roughly a pound give or take)
- 1/4 cup of diced chipotles in adobo sauce (I LOVE this stuff!) – Tip ! once you open the can throw the rest in a zip lock bag and toss it in the freezer to use in other dishes. I’m obsessed with it.
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced finely or use a rasp
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- With the cooker’s lid off, add a tsp of oil spray and heat to “Saute” until the cooker has heated up. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant. Add in the chipotle and adobo sauce.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the Instant Pot and saute until browned. Add the chicken stock & brown sugar. Securely lock the pressure cooker’s lid and set to “Manual”. Cook at HIGH pressure for 8 minutes. YES 8 MINUTES!!! 😳 crazy eh?
- Perform a quick release to release the pressure. Open the lid and remove the chicken breasts. Shred the chicken and set it back in the cooker.
This is delicious in wraps, on nachos, served on rice and topped with avocado and salsa and cheese.
Stay tuned.. I will have 8 more Instant pot recipes to go for January!