baking, cauliflower, cauliflower wings, cooking, delicious, easy dinners, eat, food, fresh, garden, quick cooking, simple entertaining, summer, summertime, tacos, wings
So Pure Kitchen just opened up in Kanata and now I eat, sleep and dream about their cauliflower wings.
And as much as I would love to eat there every single day, I needed to come up with my own recipe for making cauliflower wings in the oven.
These were pretty delicious I must admit they will curb my craving for the PK version. They are great as a appetizer, on tacos, in a wrap instead of meat or on top of a salad.
Here’s what you need:
(Preheat your oven to 425 degrees)
- 1 Head cauliflower cut into bite sized “wings”
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic and onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- A good squeeze of sriracha
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons Mirin or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Cut up the cauliflower
- Make batter with the flour, garlic and onion powder, water and sriracha
- Toss wings in batter with your hands. Make sure they are all covered
- Lay out on a parchment paper covered baking sheet
- Bake in oven for 25 mins
- Remove from oven and toss wings with melted butter, mirin and sriracha mix
- Put back in oven for 15 mins
- As much as I would like to say this is 1 serving, it is not. It is 4 servings. But you don’t need to share with anyone. 😉
Drop me a note and let me know how you liked them!