5 minute appetizer, easy recipes, fall vegetables, garden platter, simple entertaining, vegetable tray
The vegetable platter has gotten a bad name over the years. I think it is because people buy the basic ones at grocery stores and they are so generic and so boring. What we need to remember is that we eat with our eyes not just our mouths.
Food needs to look good too!
Here are my tips for you to jazz up a basic vegetable tray.
1. Use different ingredients. (Try to make one without carrots, cucumbers, celery and broccoli) you might think to yourself… How? It is easy! Try new vegetables!
2. Asparagus is great on a vegetable platter you just need to blanche it first. How? Bring a pot of water to the boil, add a generous amount of salt. Cook for 2 minutes and then drop Into ice water to stop cooking. It keeps the veggies green and crisp.
3. Try Fennel or baby endive. Both are delicious raw and make a great addition to a vegetable platter.
4. Use French green beans. They are delicious and cook in minutes. Blanche them like the asparagus.
5. Experiment with green, orange or purple cauliflower. It adds colour to the platter and tastes just like regular cauliflower.
Use these simple tips to make your next vegetable platter extraordinary.
I am a girl who loves food. I grew up with a Mom who was an excellent cook. She wrote a cookbook when I was a child, and as they say, the rest is history. Started a catering business in 2005 and haven’t looked back. I am a mom to 2 beautiful girls and I want them to love food as much as I do. In the meantime, I love life and love my job @ http://www.monicaskitchen.com