To me nothing says the holidays like tucking into sugar coated almond crescent cookies.
My mom always made these for us growing up and now it is my turn making them for my family. They are super easy to make and contain no eggs.
The recipe is easy, you only need 6 ingredients for the actual cookie. Just a warning…these contain a lot of butter but they are SOOOOO worth it!
11/4 cup butter
1 cup of chopped almonds
5 tbs of sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 cups of AP flour
Icing sugar for rolling cookies
1. Cream the butter and the sugar together. Add in extracts
2. Work in flour with your hands and once combined add the almonds
3. Shape into crescents
4. Chill for 10 mins in the fridge
5. Bake 350 degrees for 18-20 mins
6. While still hot roll in icing sugar and cool.