food in 15 minutes, Larb, pork, pork larb, thai cuisine, thai food
First of all sorry for my delay between my blog posts. Life was just too busy and then we moved… And I am finally getting my life back. 🙂
Thai food isn’t hard to make, it is all about the balance between salt, sweet, sour and savoury. Today’s recipe is pork larb. It takes 15 mins to make and is super delish!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Thai chiles, very thinly sliced with seeds (I used dried Thai chiles)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced peppers
- 1/2 cup torn Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro leaves
- In the skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately low heat, stirring a few times, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add 1 teaspoon of the sugar and cook for about 20 seconds. Add the ground pork and 1/2 the onions and cook over moderately high heat, breaking up the meat finely, until no pink remains, about 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of the fish sauce and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice with the remaining 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar, two-thirds of the chiles and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Reheat the pork. Remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the onion, basil, cilantro and sauce and the remaining chile. Transfer to a bowl and serve with rice or in lettuce cups.