I have to admit I was very skeptical of this overnight oatmeal when I read about it, but I am now obsessed with it now and I make it a few times a week.
There are however a few things you need to keep in mind. Here are my tips.
1. Use old fashioned rolled oats (not instant, quick, or steel-cut).
2. Greek yogurt is the best to use as it is full of protein.
3. You can use almond milk or water.
4. Use spices not sugar to change the flavors of your oatmeal.
The recipe is easy peasy!
Step 1. The ingredients
- 1/3 cup of dry old fashioned rolled oats (not instant, quick, or steel-cut)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt 0% fat (I used vanilla)
- 1/4 cup almond milk or water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cut strawberries
- mason jars
Step 2. Assembly Time
Take a mason jar, add yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla. Put the lid on and shake. Add oatmeal and chia seeds and put the lid on and shake. Remove lid and add cut strawberries, put lid back on a shake. Put it in the fridge and let it sit overnight. Grab it in the morning and go!
I have also done 1/2 apple diced finely and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon. Also delish!
I usually make 2 or 3 mason jars on Sunday so I have them for breakfast from Monday to Wednesday. Try this today…trust me it is delicious.
I am a girl who loves food. I grew up with a Mom who was an excellent cook. She wrote a cookbook when I was a child, and as they say, the rest is history. Started a catering business in 2005 and haven’t looked back. I am a mom to 2 beautiful girls and I want them to love food as much as I do. In the meantime, I love life and love my job @ http://www.monicaskitchen.com