Wow what an amazing experience! I was thrilled to be asked to go on Daytime Ottawa Rogers 22 to do a cooking demo. It was incredible! The hosts were so welcoming! When I have the link I will post. Until then here are a few pictures. 🙂 Can you tell I am excited .
I can’t wait to do it again!
Recipe: Sambuca Shrimp Pasta
Takes 15 minutes to make
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, remove the tails
1 tsp each of onion and garlic powder
2 tsp old bay seasoning
½ tsp to 1 tsp of chipotle powder (depends on how spicy you would like it)
1 tablespoons butter and 1 tbs oil (olive, canola, corn whatever you have)
1 onion thinly sliced
1 pepper thinly sliced (yellow, orange or red)
2 Portobello mushroom caps –gills removed and thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic finely minced
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 ½ OZ Sambuca (licorice-flavored liqueur)
½ cup of fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
Handful of freshly torn basil
Salt and pepper
Fresh spaghetti pasta
What To Do:
1. Season the shrimp with onion and garlic powder, chipotle powder and old bay and set aside.
2. Slice onions and peppers and mushrooms and finely mince garlic and set aside.
3. Get a pot of water on the stove and salt it generously for the pasta
4. In a large skillet, melt ½ the butter and ½ the oil over medium heat and cook the seasoned shrimp, just until pink. Cook in batches if your pan is small. You don’t want the shrimp to boil, you want them to sauté. Should take just a few minutes, once the shrimp turns pink remove to bowl and set aside.
5. Add the remaining butter and oil over medium/high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until they start to brown. Remove and place in a bowl. Continue to sauté the rest of the vegetables, onions, peppers and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Remove the pan from the heat and add your Sambuca, place the pan back on heat and reduce for a minute. Reduce heat to medium/low and add in cream and reduce again until you see the sauce thicken up. (The sauce should coat the back of a spoon, if it is too thick and it was reduced too much just ad a splash of cream or water. Taste your sauce. If it needs salt, add salt. If you want to add pepper or extra chipotle do it at this stage.) You should always taste your food for seasoning.
6. Drop your pasta. Fresh pasta takes 1-2 minutes to cook. Add your cooked shrimp back into the pan with the sauce to reheat it but not overcook it.
7. Once pasta is cooked drain it and put it the drained pasta into the pan with the sauce. Proceed to toss and coat the pasta for a minute.
8. Last step toss in torn basil and ½ grated parmesan cheese
9. Serve family style or in 4 pasta bowls and top with remaining parmesan cheese.