appetizers, Boursin, cooking, cranberries, delicious, easy cooking, eat, elegant appetizers ￼, entertaining, food, fresh, holiday, kid friendly, make ahead meals, pecans, prosciutto, quick cooking, simple entertaining
The holidays are busy, prior to this pandemic I would be entertaining hand over fist. Sure entertaining has slowed down, but you should always have elegant, quick and easy appetizers in your kitchen repertoire. Here is one that looks elegant but start to finish takes 15 minutes.
- 12 slices of prosciutto but you can use Serrano ham too
- 1 ball of cranberry and pepper Boursin
- 24 pecan halves (toasted in a fry pan)
- 1 cup of arugula
- 1/2 cup of balsamic (I used a white cranberry balsamic) put it in a pan and reduce it until it turns into a thick syrup- takes about 5 to 8 minutes on low. – you should have 2 tablespoons once it is reduced
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
Now it’s time to put it together. Lay the slices of prosciutto out on a cutting board. Section the Boursin into 12 each portions ~ 3/4 tbls. Put the cheese on one end, top with 2 pecans and a generous pinch of arugula. Roll them up and slice in half. Then drizzle the top with the reduced balsamic glaze and a few dried cranberries.
I’m not going to lie, I could eat all 24 😉